Spotted on Sarah’s blog – food and tag posts, yes please.
1. What’s your favourite breakfast?
🍇Probably because I rarely have it, toast with butter and strawberry jam.
2. How do you drink your coffee?
🍏Coffee is yuk. No ta.
3. What’s on your favourite sandwich?
🧀Bacon, halloumi, lettuce and tomato with mayo.
4. Soup or Salad?
🍜Soup and a sandwich or salad and sushi. Depends on the mood.
5. What’s your favourite cookbook?
🎂I read cookbooks like novels but rarely consult them for actual cooking.
6. No more sweets or no more hearty foods?
🍭Having actually given up sweets in the past, I could live without them quite easily.
7. What’s your favourite Cuisine?
🍳Mediterranean food every time, from Turkey and Greece to Italy and France.
8. What’s your favourite food movie?
🍿There was a 90s Sarah Michelle Geller movie called Simply Irresistable that I was quite fond of. Films about food make me hungry. My favourite book about food is Chocolat by Joanne Harris.
9. What’s your most guilty pleasure?
🍟I don’t believe in guilty pleasures- food should be enjoyed not treated as though there’s something ‘naughty’ about it.
10. What’s your greatest inspiration source?
🍞The contents of my fridge/cupboards – necessity is the mother of invention.
11. Cooking at home or going out for dinner?
🍍Both, depends on the circumstance.
12. High end or low profile?
🍒Am I feeling fancy? Then fancy it is. 😉
13. What’s your favourite restaurant?
🌽The Turkish place in town is my go-to as it’s local, has excellent service, reasonable prices and delicious food.
14. I do my grocery shopping at:
🍑Lidl has saved me a fortune, but I go to Sainsbury’s as well.
15. The tastiest food I’ve ever eaten was:
🍦There is a place called Chilli Charlie’s by Santa Monica beach in California that does amazing chilli burgers. They remain in my brain and taste memories.
17. Coffee with George Clooney or Heston Blumenthal?
🍢Coffee with Clooney and my mum as she loves him.
18. What should not be missing in your kitchen?
🍉Sea salt, good black pepper, quality olive oil and chilli in various guises.
19. What is your favourite snack?
🍅Popcorn or sunflower seeds roasted in their shells with salt.
20. What’s on your pizza?
🍤Chicken, chilli oil, those little peppers, tomatoes, cheese.
21. What food do you really dislike?
22. What’s your favourite food blog?
🍐Does Nigella’s instagram count?
23. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
🌶Snails – I really don’t get the hype
24. What’s on your food bucket list?
🍱The perfect creme brulee
25. I couldn’t live without:
🍬Diet coke – fuelled by it. Also cheese.
If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
🍸Cheese – it improves any dish.
If you want to do this tag, go for it, and let me know.